Thursday, May 13, 2010
Cotton Soft Japanese Cheese Cake
COTTON SOFT JAPANESE CHEESE CAKE
140gm caster sugar
6 egg whites
6 egg yolks
1/4 cream of tartar
250gm cream cheese
100ml fresh milk
1 tblspn lemon juice
60gm cake flour/superfine flour ( we used all purpose flour)
20gm corn flour
1. Melt cream cheese, butter and milk over double boiler. Cool the mixture.
2. Fold in flour (all purpose flour & corn flour sifted together), egg yolks, lemon juice and salt. Mix well.
3. In a seperate bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy.
Add in sugar and beat until soft peak formed.
4. Add the cheese mixture to the egg whites mixture and mix well.
5. Line bottom of pan with grease proof paper and pour the mixture.
6. Bake in water bath at 160 deg cel for 1 hr 10min or until test scewer comes out clean.